SSC conducts the CGL exam to hire personnel for different government ministries, offices, and departments. This exam happens in four stages, Tiers-1, 2, 3 & 4. Moreover, candidates need to clear all the exams individually to get recruited in the CGL posts. To appear for the Tier-1 exam, candidates need to register online. The application form for SSC CGL exam will be available on SSC’s official website, on the notification of the examination dates.
What is the SSC CGL online application?
Candidates who are aspiring to get recruited for CGL posts need to apply for them online. SSC (Staff Selection Commission) publishes the application form on its official website, ssc.nic.in. You can download the form from the webpage. Also, you can find the direct link to apply online for SSC CGL exam at BYJU’s Exam Prep.
The fee on the application for this exam is Rs. 100. But women and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/ESM categories are exempted from this fee. However, you can pay the fee online or offline mode. If you want to pay it online, you can use UPI, Net Banking, or Debit card. Conversely, if you want to pay the fee in person, you can pay it in any SBI branch across India.
How do you fill the application form for the CGL exam?
The procedure of filling the application form for the CGL exam is two-fold. Firstly, you must submit your details and register, along with your photo and signature. Then, you have to fill out the application form and pay the fee.
However, before starting the registration process, ensure you have all the below mentioned documents in hand:
- A functioning mobile number
- A valid e-mail address
- Scanned copy of your passport size photo
- A scanned version of your signature
- Identity proof such as Aadhaar card or passport
- Class X curriculum and other details
- Qualifying mark sheets of Class X and XII
- Qualifying graduation certificates and mark sheets
- Details of your bank account, only for online fee payment
- Community certificate, if applicable
What are the steps involved in the online application?
Following are the steps in submitting your application form for the CGL recruitment:
1. Online enrolment:
- Go to the official website of SSC – nic.in
- There, you will find an ‘Apply’ button.
- Click on the button and choose CGL.
- Fill in required details such as Aadhaar number, your name, and date of birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s name, contact number, and e-mail address.
- You will receive OTPs (One-time passwords) on your mobile and through e-mail. Enter them on the page and click the Submit button.
- You will receive your registration number and password through a message and e-mail.
2. Upload your photo and signature:
As part of the registration, you need to upload scanned images of your photo and your signature. Listed below are the details of the images you upload:
- Photo – The compatible size is 20-50 KB. The dimensions of the photo should be 3.5 X 4.5 cm only. The supported formats are .jpeg, .jpg, .png.
- Signature – The compatible size is 10-20 KB. The dimensions of the photo should be 4 X 2 cm only. The supported formats are .jpeg, .jpg, .png.
You need to mention the date of taking the picture on the photo. If not, they may reject your application. Moreover, avoid using blurry photographs. Similarly, make sure your signature is legible or it may lead to the rejection of your application.
3. Filling out the application form
- The form requires you to fill in your personal and contact details, and particulars of your educational qualification.
- It also requires other details such as your gender, university name, category, year of passing, and nationality.
- You have to select three preferred exam centers, in order of preference.
- Select the name of the post you want to apply for.
- After reading the declaration click on the tick next to ‘I Agree’.
- Finally, enter the captcha code and turn in the form.
- This will direct you to the payment procedure.
4. Application Fee payment
- This is the final step of the CGL exam application procedure.
- The general application fee is Rs. 100.
- However, women and candidates belonging to SC/ST/EWS/PWD categories are exempted from paying this fee.
- Moreover, you can pay for the application online or offline.
- For online payment, enter your banking details on the website to proceed with remittance. You can use UPI Id, Net banking, Credit card, or Debit card to pay the fee.
- For paying it offline, you need to produce a challan from the website. You can use this challan to pay the fee in any branch of the SBI.
Things to bear in mind when filling the CGL application form
- Do not use any Prefixes while filling out names, such as Mr., Mrs., or Dr.
- Also, mention your date of birth as in your Class X examination certificate.
- Make sure you mention your area PIN code while filling out the postal address.
- Also, you must indicate your percentage obtained in the Degree examination.
- If worked elsewhere, mention the occupation details, along with start and end dates.
- Also, to apply for the position of AAO, you can hold any degree.
- You can select the center name and code from the drop-down list.
- If you forget your password, you can retrieve using the ‘Forget password’ option.
- You will receive an OTP to help reset your password.
- Finally, ensure that you fill the application form without any errors.
- Since there is no facility to rectify your errors once the form is submitted.
How do you check the status of your application?
Once you submit your application form, you need to wait for confirmation. If SSC approves your application, you can find out the status through the website.
- Log in to the official website of SSC.
- Then, click on the ‘View Application Status’ option.
- To view the status, you need to enter a few details such as registration number, date of birth, and gender.
- Lastly, enter the captcha code and you can view the status of your application.
If your application becomes successful, you will receive your admit card. This is your ID to appear for the CGL examination. Your details such as name, registration number, etc. will appear on the card. Moreover, you can download your admit card from the SSC website.