Hoping not to face problems while running your practice is similar to hoping the sun doesn’t rise. It’s good to hope so, but chances are it’s not going to be true. If it’s not one thing, it’ll be another. That’s why it’s better to be prepared to minimize the effect of those problems. In this article, we’ll walk you through five of the best EMR for OB-GYN practices in 2021, along with a few best practices to automate your clinical workflows.
When talking about EMR software, it’s important to understand that not all EMR software are created equal. While one might be more suitable for one task, another might be more suitable for another. So choosing the best EMR for OB-GYN practices isn’t as easy as you might think.
Similarly, it’s also essential to understand what makes an OB-GYN EMR software ideal for you. Let’s have a look at some of the ‘must-have’ features of an OB-GYN EMR software.
- Pregnancy & Perinatal Tracking: Pregnancy is usually divided into various stages. Your OB-GYN EMR should be able to track your patient’s progress throughout these stages and create widely acceptable documentation of it. This will help physicians stay updated with their patient’s progress.
- Ultrasound Imaging Integration: Your healthcare system should also track ultrasounds and perinatal testing and centralize the information to make it more accessible. Some EMR software even helps estimate the gestational age based on the available data and ultrasounds to track the baby’s health and progress.
- Risk Management System: OB-GYN EMR systems collect and store months of data for each patient. Your healthcare system should be able to use this data to mitigate any risks that may arise before they become a problem.
- OB/GYN Templates: Along with myriad templates, OB-GYN EMR templates also include templates regarding sexual, reproductive, and obstetrics health.
There are other features of OB-GYN EMR software, such as e-eligibility checks, e-prescriptions, patient education, and patient portal.
Based on top OB-GYN EMR software reviews, we’ve compiled a list of the five best EMR for OB-GYN practices.
AdvancedMD EMR Software
AdvancedMD is a top-tier healthcare IT services provider that provides a fully integrated digital infrastructure and a seamless experience. Their range of products includes an AdvancedMD EMR software, AdvancedPM (Practice Management), and patient experience modules.
AdvancedMD EMR software is a cloud-based multi-specialty platform that is highly integrated with its PM, RCM, telehealth, and patient portal modules. With this tool, you can stay worry-free that all of your information is centralized, safe, and available 24/7.
Pricing: AdvancedMD EMR pricing starts from $429/month per provider. Their full suite of services starts at $729/month per provider.
CureMD EMR Software
CureMD is one of the most innovative and creative healthcare IT service providers all over the world. Their EMR module, CureMD EMR software, is a multi-specialty platform that offers all the specialty-specific features you might need in an OB-GYN medical practice.
This cloud-based solution offers features like ultrasound imaging integration, OB-GYN-specific E&M coding, a risk management system, and patient education content. On top of that, their gold-certified e-prescribing is definitely a plus point to have in your OB-GYN practice.
Pricing: CureMD EMR pricing starts at $195/month per provider.
athenahealth EMR Software
athenahealth is a leading expert in healthcare IT technology and insights. They aim to provide everything your practice needs to lift you up from the ground up and help you shine in the long-run by creating goals in the short-run. Rather than focusing on their products, athenahealth EMR software focuses on people like you and your patients.
Also, read Athenahealth EMR vs. AdvancedMD EMR: Comparing Top-Tier EMR.
By introducing a new state-of-mind, athenahealth EMR helps you build a digital infrastructure in your OB-GYN practice that automates and streamlines your workflows and maximizes your patient engagement.
Pricing: athenahealth EMR starts at $140/month per provider.
DrChrono EMR Software
DrChrono EMR software is a highly customizable, scalable, and flexible platform that helps you pursue excellence in women’s healthcare, their needs, and their requirements. Rather than doing everything yourself, you can take advantage of DrChrono EMR software’s powerful tools and save time and effort. You can also use this time to focus more on your patients rather than repetitive administrative tasks.
Similarly, you can also improve your patient experience through engagement and education with DrChrono EMR software. One of the most outstanding features of DrChrono is that it allows you to share information with other physicians as well seamlessly.
Pricing: DrChrono EMR pricing ranges between $49-499/month per provider, depending upon your requirements.
eClinicalWorks EMR Software
eClinicalWorks EMR software is designed to simplify your clinical needs, improve your patient engagement, and maximize revenue in the process. To help you steer clear of administrative tasks and keep you focused on your patients, they provide a voice-recognition based virtual assistant named Eva. Similarly, to accommodate patients who want remote healthcare, they offer a telehealth solution called Healow.
Pricing: eClinicalWorks EMR pricing starts from $449/month per provider.
Implementing Your OB-GYN EMR Software: Best Practices
We understand implementing your OB-GYN EMR software can a challenging and tiring process. While many physicians endure this journey by thinking of the greater an EMR software would do. Unfortunately, the greater benefit isn’t always the outcome. In fact, 62% of the physicians end up switching their EMR in the first year after the implementation. Why? It can be overly exaggerated benefits that lead to disappointing results or just an incompetent EMR tool.
Either way, here are a few best practices you can follow to find and implement the best EMR for OB-GYN practices.
- The Complete Package: Often, physicians make the mistake of implementing different features from different vendors. The problem arises when you try to integrate the various tools together. So initially, you should go for an OB-GYN EMR software that offers the complete bundle of services you need.
- Centralized and Unified: Unified EMR software like athenahealth or AdvancedMD offers a unique advantage to your practice; you never have to worry about missing information, double entries, or even sharing information. Regardless of whichever EMR software you choose, it’s essential to ensure that it brings a centralized and unified digital infrastructure to your table.
- AI-Supported: The era of AI is upon us all. Technology is advancing at incredible speeds with innovations like virtual assistants, voice recognition commands, and AI-based data processing. Your EMR software should be able to support all of your needs and, thus, be at the top of their game.
There are other factors as well. For instance, the best EMR for OB-GYN practices would be a cloud-based solution that provides easy access to patient information and facilitates patient engagement.
Conclusion – Find Your Perfect Match
Finding the best EMR for OB-GYN practices from the hundreds of options available is a tough job. Where do you even begin to look? What type of infrastructure are you looking for? What specialty-specific features are you looking for? There are all but some of the questions you might be wondering about when going shopping for the best EMR for OB-GYN practices.
In this article, we’ve talked about some of the ‘must-have’ features and five of the most popular choices when it comes to OB-GYN EMR software. But of course, choosing the right match for your practices requires more than just reading a blog; that’s why we’ve also provided you with a few best practices you can use to find the right OB-GYN EMR for your practice.
Want to know more? You can also get in touch with us for a free of cost personalized consultation session with one of our experts.