Whether you’re building from the ground up or renovating an existing home, one of the most important features to get right is your front door. Your front door is the first thing people will see when they approach your home and it can set the tone for the rest of their visit—whether it’s inviting or unwelcoming. Here we’ll walk through some considerations to keep in mind when choosing a new front door for your modern Toronto home:
Stay up to date on the latest trends with the help of a designer.
If you’re looking for a front door that will make a statement, consider working with a designer. A good designer will be able to help you understand the different types of doors and materials used for each type of door. They can also advise on what styles are trending in your area and provide inspiration through examples from their portfolio.
Consider the style and feel of your home.
When you’re looking for a front door, consider the style and feel of your home. The front door is often the first thing people see when they enter your home, so it’s important that this statement piece reflects what makes up your interior. You may also want to think about how other homes in the neighborhood are decorated, as well as what kind of vibe you want people to have when they visit or drive by.
- What is my house like? Is it modern? Traditional? Eclectic?
- How does this style match up with my neighborhood? Does my street have lots of brick houses or more contemporary ones? Are there any historical homes nearby (and if so, do they look similar)?
- When considering which type of door would work best for me, I took into consideration all aspects mentioned above–including the architectural features such as windows and arches present throughout each dwelling–and decided on an aluminum frame with glass inserts because it matched well with both our interior decorating scheme while also complementing neighboring structures.*
Look for a material that will complement your home’s exterior and interior aesthetic.
It’s important to look for a material that will complement your home’s exterior and interior aesthetic. You want something that will stand the test of time, but also be easy to maintain. For example, if you have an older home with a traditional brick façade, consider using wood doors in order to add contrast between old and new styles.
If you have a modern-looking home with lots of glass or metal elements inside (like stainless steel appliances), then consider going with more modern front door options like glass doors or metal ones–but only if they fit well with what’s already there!
Plan for maintenance and longevity.
When you’re shopping for a new front door, it’s important to consider how easy it will be to maintain and repair. You’ll want a door that can withstand harsh weather conditions and last as long as possible without needing repairs or maintenance. There are many things to look at when deciding which doors would be best suited for your home:
- Does the manufacturer offer a warranty? This is especially important if you live in an area where there are high winds or severe winter weather–you don’t want your beautiful new door destroyed by Mother Nature!
- How long does the product say its lifespan should be? Is this something you could realistically expect from this particular model of product? How often does this manufacturer make changes/improvements to their products so that they last longer than other brands out there on the market today (and why)?
Think about the weather conditions in Toronto.
The weather in Toronto is unpredictable. You may have a beautiful day with warm temperatures, but then the next day it could be rainy and cold. This means that your front door needs to be able to withstand whatever Mother Nature throws at it! Look for a door that won’t warp, crack or peel when exposed to harsh conditions like rain or snow.
Front doors are one of the first things people notice about your house, so you want to make sure it’s inviting and functional
Choosing the right modern front door in Toronto for your home is important. Your front door is one of the first things people notice about your house, so it should be inviting and functional. You want to make sure that whatever style you choose for your new door suits both the style of your home and its surroundings.